Sunday, January 16, 2005

NCO Course Day 3

Before WO2 Albert came in the room I already woke up. Then I heard the whistle and we woke up fast. At the morning we had breakfast. Then after breakfast we did our exam. During the exams the tables and seats were laid out in this way. Two juniors at the end and a senior in the middle. Therefore senior could not cheat. The exam was pretty easy. “List the procedure of making a order” Plan, Prepare, Implement, Confirmation, Follow-up and evaluation. It also asked me about the symbols but I had no clue on that so I just skipped that part. There were only 3 symbols to fill up so it doesn’t really matter. Then there was the marking scheme. I had to rate a Dress shirt out of 5 and list how to get each mark. One question also said “Explain Standardization” at part is easy too; I said something about the average mark of all the cadets in Canada. Then we had our Drill Mutual. Each cadet was expected to do a 15 min class. It was my turn and I was glad that the class got split into two so it was way easier to teach. I only got 4 cadets to teach, Kwok, Young, So and Galpin. The class went pretty good, I found out calling commands are actually pretty fun. I remember last year I was called out to called the command and last time I did very bad because when I did it, everyone was laughing at me but not this time, I was more confident than before. Flight Sgt Tam saw me too and last time he told me to be more confident in the voice and this time I did it. Everyone in my class had pretty good time and I can see smiles at all of their faces, which is cool. At the end of the class I told the class that Young did a very good job calling out the timing loud and Young was very happy and so was I. After that everyone said my class was pretty good. After drill class was IT Mutual. It was really cool too. I was teaching Chan, Ng, Galpin and Leoung. “Qualities of A Leader”. I had my visual ads and they were awesome. I had 10 Visual Ad’s and all of them had a word and a picture explaining the word. The class went pretty good but when we went to Courage, I drew a lion right? I said Lion’s were courageous animals and they go around eating innocent animals. Which lead the class in a burst of laughter. After that I also told the class to repeat the word, which was pretty fun too. Then at the end I said “You guys were a pretty good class, but next time don’t laugh at me during class because I don’t like it when people laugh at me”. That was cool. Anyways cool day. I went through two mutual and an exam. At the end we did a parade with all my friends taking positions of the parade square. I took the rifle as a flag party member at home squadron. Meet a lot of cool people like WO Luey, Flight Sgt Lui, and some cool sergeants. NCO course went well and I learnt a lot from it and I will take it back to 135 Challenger squadron and use the skills I had learn and implement them usefully.