Friday, January 14, 2005

NCO Course Day 1

Welcome to NCO Course 2005,I arrived there at 5:58pm. My first step towards a different air cadet armor. 111 Pegasus was my destination? Pretty cool stuff here, the squadron here is way smaller. When you step in a place called the same thing with a "different" setting, you will be amazed. This squadron compared to mine is smaller, allot smaller. The floors are made from concrete, pretty clean compared to our old dirty real 'Parade Square'. I went in the squadron and I could already sense fear from the cadets in there. The power of my eyesight has enough confidence to break through their strengths in their home unit. It is just me, it is not intended or even tried. This is how you become a good leader, with a message telling to them with your eyes, not your mouth. Anyways, this weekend was totally packed. One blog could only emphasize the important points but still not fulfill my whole work. Air cadets are simply are great thing and if you have lived in cadets for 4 years, things are cool. The first 1-2 years is just harsh, I am serious, 80% of the cadets quit at their 1-2 years, if you survive past that it will take your life way farther. This course was split into two different groups. The seniors which consists of 10 people and juniors which consist of 50 and more people. I was in the seniors flight with 10 cadets. 7 which were from my home squadron 135 and 3 which were from the other one 111. But by the end of this I managed to have good relationships with the 3 cadets I met on the summer camp and I will state how and why? Anyways Friday was basically you go there, do that admin shit, go to bed. When we were chilling and waiting for next instruction I was playing a Chess game with one of the new cadets. SGT. Fernley was the name, he is a big, tall, Filipino guy. At the chess game we went still mate. Which meant we both had a king left and the game is a tie. I was going to win but I found out I forgot to bring my sleep gear. After the game was over I manage to grab myself a sleep suit from my new friend. A green beer shirt and a extra large pear of light blue jeans. I was gangster. I feel cool and light so when the person told us to go to bed I went to bed fast. I am too tired to write about Saturday and Sunday, it will be written tomorrow hopefully. Just studied geology, and now off to fill in application forms for summer camp. By the way this blog is blogged on Sunday but just for the heck of diary and keeping things organize and I am going to put this under Jan 14.