Saturday, January 15, 2005

NCO Course Day 2

Second day of this NCO course, woke up around 6:30 am. Breakfast we ate some bread, cereal. Today we attended 11 classes. All the classes were about leadership. Some were boring, some where awesome. Welsh and Adams were really great teachers. Welsh made the class enjoyable and made stuff easy to remember, Adams is just hard core and the things he say just digs into you head. At lunch time we were supplied with Rice, which I was amazed since it was a Cadet thing and we had chicken sauce on rice which totally fit my taste and also since it was kind of cold there. After lunch we had our assigned Mutual. Tomorrow we will be going on two mutual and one test. It is a really hard thing and it is getting on my nerves. There will be one Drill Class Mutual and one IT Class Mutual. Mutual are basically test how you teach a class and you will be evaluated by an instructor. After dinner, we had to pick our manual’s. It was a calling out procedure, I got "About Turn On The March" and "Qualities of a Leader" as my lesson that I have to teach. Both of them are pretty cool and I like them. After dinner we started on making our lesson plans. We need 1 for each so the evaluator can see we actually place some work on it and to help us with the lesson. We were permitted to sleep 30 minutes later than the Junior cadets. I finished my IT Lesson Plan pretty easily but I needed to rush through my Drill Lesson Plan. I finished it in time and went to my sleeping bag to sleep. While sleeping I was thinking about the 11 classes I were taught today and I would have to implement them to all my classes tomorrow. Also thinking about a exam tomorrow which I have no time to even look at my notes yet. This is the life of an Air Cadet.