Sunday, February 06, 2005

Ten Copies of One Game

Anyone play World of Warcraft? It is a current MMORPG and it is quite popular. Today at work, this guy came up to me and asked me. "Hey, how many of these I could buy? " He was pointing at World of Warcraft. I was like, oh you can get as many as you like. After a while I saw him taking all of them. Then I reported to my co-worker. Then he was like "shit!", he ran up to the cashier and stopped this man from buying it. Then my co-worker showed me and the other guy the sign on top of the games reading " Note: Due to the high popularity of the game World Of Warcraft, each customer is only allowed one copy" So I was like sorry, and yea nothing pretty much happen. Then I left and did other work. After that I went back and saw the man still there. He was like " I am going to call 10 of my friends to come help me. " I was like okay cool. Then I reported to my co-worker and he said he's probably going to sell it at eBay. After a bit we looked at the time. It was 30 minutes before the store closes and only 1 of his friends came. He told me it was something about his guild and buying all these for his friends but you never know if he’s lying or not. After 30 minutes he was asked to leave the store and took 2 copies with him. What I learned today is some people can try so hard to buy 10 copies of 1 single game like World of Warcraft. The copies will allow him to give his friends to play with him. It wasn't cheap, it was $79.99 CAD per copy. 10 copies will be like $800.00 CAD. By the way, who plays this game?